Summer 2011 Is Coming! Work and Travel Around Australia

February 5, 2011

Australia and New Zealand are just two of the fabulous destinations yuo can choose from with SWAP.

Whatcha doin’ this summer? How about working and travelling your way around (the hopefully unflooded and headed into recovery) Australia?

If you’re a Canadian between the ages of 18 and 30, you can apply for a working holidaymaker visa to a few different countries, including Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. (For Ireland and New Zealand, you can apply up to age 35.)

A working holiday visa allows you to live and work in a country, just like a local, usually for up to a year. Instead of living in hostels and tour buses, you’ll have a chance to settle in, get to know your neighbors, and develop a deeper understanding of a place.

There are no bad destinations, but for now let’s concentrate on Australia. It’s beautiful, slightly exotic, has great weather, friendly people, plenty of opportunities for adventure and is more affordable than some European destinations.

You’ll be working and earning some money, which is a responsible thing to do, and you might even find a job that will give you experience that can be applied to a future career. You’ll also be in a country full of backpackers who are looking to have a good time. It’s the best of both worlds, really.

If you’re ready to apply, or if you have some questions about working holidays, visit swap.ca.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: