Whatcha doing for Summer or Fall 2011? Apply now for a 2011 Semester at Sea voyage and you can get your travel kicks and your university credits, too.
Because why pick one destination for your semester abroad when you can pick a dozen? Let your friends do a few cold months in London while you hit Cape Town, Chennai, Ho Chi Minh City and Hilo.
Travelling the globe for three months without falling a semester behind takes planning though… and paperwork. If there’s one thing universities are really good at, it’s coming up with new and completely un-exciting forms for you to fill out, so best to start now.
The program is run by an American university, but it’s open to international students (see the admissions requirements). Talk to your academic adviser to find out more about how you can make a semester sailing the high seas work into your graduation plans, then get your passport and visas and your ISIC. (It’s good all over the place!)
Start preparing for the Semester at Sea application deadlines and say “bon voyage” to academic boredom! (Questions? Talk to Semester at Sea on Twitter: @SAS_Dave.)
Summer 2011, Voyage Theme: World Cities (Nassau, Barcelona, Naples, Dubrovnik, Athens, Istanbul, Casablanca, Boston)
- March 4, 2011: SAS financial aid deadline.
- March 25, 2011: SAS financial aid recipients are notified.
- March 30, 2011: Course registration opens.
- April 15, 2011: Payment deadline. Last day to cancel without penalty.
- April 29, 2011: Course registration closes.
- June 17, 2011: Voyage sails from Nassau.
Fall 2011 (Quebec, Casablanca, Takoradi, Cape Town, Chennai, Penang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Yokohama, Hilo, Puntarenas, Panama Canal, Ft. Lauderdale)
- May 26, 2011: SAS financial aid deadline.
- June 3, 2011: SAS financial aid recipients are notified.
- June 17, 2011: Payment deadline. Last day to cancel without penalty.
- August 26, 2011: Voyage sails from Montreal.