Maybe your uni costs will eat into your play money this year, or maybe there won’t be any play money this year. So La Tomatina and the Royal Wedding are out for you, but that doesn’t mean that your only trips will be to the library and the laundromat.
When you’re on a tight budget, your goal is to maximize your good times while minimizing your expenses, right?
Please meet the ISIC.
The International Student Identity Card is something most students pick up before a big trip overseas. Along with discounted student airfare and tour packages, you can flash it at:
- bus stations
- amusement parks
- and lots of other places that offer discounts on purchases, tickets, admissions and other travel expenses
But the ISIC isn’t just for use around tourist destinations in Europe and Australia. There are places right near you that accept an ISIC, so you can save cash even if you’re going for pizza and a movie with friends. And maybe you’ll save enough to stretch your cash as far as the ski slopes for a weekend, or to an overnight trip to catch a summer music fest.
For a full list of ISIC discounts in Canada and the U.S., check out the ISIC website. Here’s a sample of where you can save.
- Ontario Science Centre, Toronto: 20% off general admission
- CN Tower, Toronto: 15% discount on Look Out and Glass Floor admission
- Madame Tussaud’s, Hollywood: $6 off price of admission
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York: $10 USD admission with valid ISIC
- Greyhound buses, Canada: 25% off an adult ticket (one way or return)
- VIA Rail, Canada: Save 30% on the regular adult Economy class fares. Your discount can reach 50% with the VIA 6 pak – six one-way trip tickets between the same two cities.
Don’t have an ISIC yet? Get one now.