I know time is flying by, but you still have a few weeks to maximize your summer fun and adventure and minimize the suckage of summer jobs, living with your parents and going back to school.
- Explore your national parks. There’s nature, there’s hiking, there’s rafting, and there are great places to take your summer fling for a picnic and some privacy.
- Take a city break. Get some friends, book a dorm room at a hostel and find out what your nearest metropolis has to offer. Food, sporting events, nightclubs, parks, museums, shopping – you can take it all in. Even if you only go an hour away from home, treating the trip like you would any other travel adventure will make you see your surroundings from a while new perspective.
- Bungee jump. Your friend who went to New Zealand? This is all he’s going to talk about when he gets back, so you may as well have your own bungee story to tell.
- Make a movie. A short one. In it, talk about how you didn’t get to do anything cool this summer because you were too broke. Submit your little movie to Travel CUTS’ travel video contest and maybe you’ll win some free future travel.
- Start planning for winter break. It’s not that far away, and it will give you something to look forward to next semester. I really want to make Scotland my next trip (after Orlando and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, obv.), mostly because I keep reading so many good things about Haggis Adventures. You go first and let me know how it is.
This is the only Summer of 2010 you’ll ever have! Get out and do something with it!